At this very moment I can feel my shelf of to-reads staring me in the back. Making me feel all guilty and horrible for just leaving them sitting there.
Do you have this problem? Are your books keeping you up at night with please of, ‘Read me! Read me!” Do you pass over pretty hardcovers for review copies because you feel you have to? Well, this is the challenge for you! And if you participate you could win more books to put on your shelf and receive guilt from.
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that! (But if you’ve been meaning to start a blog, please take this as incentive to do so!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you’ll get +1 entry in the giveaway.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
You are more than welcome to email me with any questions you might have! Though, I rarely understand challenges and you might find it more coherent to just ask Evie. Or any of the other hosts really. I have a…understanding of what is all happening. I have an intense understanding of the hatred being projected on me by the books I have not yet read. They scare me.
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
I think I’m going to aim low with “A Friendly Hug.” Then I’ll feel really good about myself when I surpass it…right? *looks back at book pile* I think they’re getting angry.
I am one of the people hosting this challenge so I’ll be posting a wrap up post (the place where you go to enter to win books and link up all your reviews so you can prove to your angry books that you are, indeed, making progress) at the end of October. Here is the full list of hosts:
Evie from Bookish – @SeoEvie
Nicole from All I Ever Read – @Nicoleabouttown
Bonnie from Hands and Home – @HandsHomeBlog
Donna from Book Passion For Life – @BookPforLife
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading – @caitlingss (@whatchyareading)
Rie from Mission To Read – @missiontoread
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea – @alouetteuette
Christa from Hooked On Books – @ChristasBooks
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction – @fansoffiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision – @mermaidvisions
Wrap Up Post Schedule:
January – Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February – Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March – Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April – Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May – Christa (Theme: MayDay – Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June – Jenna ( Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July – Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August – Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September – Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October – Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November – Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December – Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)