Very, very last minute I decided to take part in Dewey’s 24 hour Readathon today! Yay!
This is going to be my updates post! My main goal for the Readathon is to get as caught up as possible on my Netgalley books because I am so bad at reading ebooks when I have real books to choose from. Other than that the only thing I know I’m going to get today is in this picture:
Reading challenge starts at 5am! Lets hope I’m sleeping when this posts!
5:49am: Been reading for about half an hour. My first cup of tea is almost all gone.
6:10am: Have read about 100 pages and am feeling very tired. Very, very tired. Maybe more tea will help?
6:59am: Finished The Last Princess!
7:06am: Going to start Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan after commenting on some blogs!
7:14am: Found a questionairre on the readathon blog:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
2) Probably Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennen
3) Ooohhhh, I do my raisin scones, but I’ve been wanting to crack open that My Little Pony egg for awhile now.
4) At the moment all I can think of is how sleepy I am.
5) This is my first readathon!
8:18:am the 7 o’clock hour was mostly a bust. Read about 15 pages and dozed. But I am LOVING the tone of voice in Sarah Rees Brennan’s Unspoken. Have already laughed out loud!
9:16am: A little more productive this last hour. Read about 50ish pages. Really, really liking Unspoken!
11:19am: I have officially gotten confused on how many pages I’ve read. I think the total is about 298. But I don’t know. Must think of a better way to do this next time.
Also, I now have bacon.
Oh, plus half an hour of audiobook while buying/cooking bacon.
4:20pm: I had a most wonderful nap! And read 158 pages. Bring my total to 456! Yay! Except I’m so close to finishing this book and I don’t think I’m going to get to because I have to go hiking for 6 hours. Sigh. I’m hoping I manage to stay up for the last three hours of the readathon, assuming I get home around 2am, after the hike. :crosses fingers:
Reading: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan/Solless by Gail Carriger (audiobook)
Munching: tea and scones and bacon!
Listening: Doctor Who soundtrack.
Books finished: 1. The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze
Total pages read: 221
Total reading time: 4 hours.